Sunday, March 06, 2005

Outrage o' the Week

Whooee! Well friends an' foes, this here's my third Sunday outrage boog. I got sum surprises with my other two. Sum commentin' fellers or gals chimed in either on the wrong side or else sayin' I oughta have better things t' be outraged 'bout than murdered eagles or anti-Canadee underwear. Mebbe the same'll happen this time. Since I'm becomin' an ol' veteran in the boogeysphere with more'n 3 weeks o' boogin' t' my credit, I won't be so surprised when I take sum heat in the comments.

I do have one word of advice fer them that think there's better things t' be outraged about. Get yer own boog an' start bitchin'. If you cast yer eyeballs up t' the far upper right corner o' yer screen, yer gonna see a little box that sez. "Get Your Own Blog." As an experienced booger, I ken tell you that startin' up yer own boog is as easy as fallin' down on the ice. It don't hurt nearly so much, neither.

There's so damn many things t' be outraged about this week, though, that I wouldn't blame anybuddy fer thinkin' I din't make the right choice.

I'm outraged 'bout that sumbitch in Alberty that killed them four fine young horseyback ridin' police fellers. I'm outraged 'bout the boss o' them policefellers sayin' they was all properly prepared an' equipped t' go onto a gun-lovin', cop-hatin' nutjob's property. I figger if that was so, they wouldn't be dead. I'm outraged that the deputy sheriff pryminister Annie Get-yer-gun McLellan is jerkin' her knee an' fergettin' histry an' the law o' supply an' demand when she sez we gotta get tuff on pot-pushers an' turn 'em inta modern day Al Capones.

I'm outraged that Dubya Bushfeller left Pryminister Fartin' Martin danglin' on the horn fer a week jest t' show'm who's boss o' the ding-dong world. I'm outraged 'bout the commonist red Chinese takin' the Merkins t' task over human rights. I'm outraged that the WalMarket is in bed with the torturin' commonist red Chinese an' bullyin' good an' decent Canajun workin' folks.

So all you thousands an' thousands o' JimBobby readers'll hafta cut me a little slack when I gotta hard time decidin' jest what's got me chewin' nails an' fartin' tacks this week. A coupla things did make me more pissed off than others but there ain't enuff Preparation H in the Shoppers Drug Mart warehouse t' soothe all the tack-fartin' I been doin' lately.

One thing that got me hot under the collar was a CP story in the Yahoo News from outta Montreal: Eighteen-year-old Quebecer charged with attack on 90-year-old woman in subway. The story tells how this here craven cowardly punk went an' mugged a little ol' lady in the subway. The rotten sumbitch broke the ol' gal's pelvis an' arm an' also gave'r head injuries when he shoved'r down the stairs. If ol' Ginty hadn't caused me t' get rid o' my pitbulls, I reckon I'd like t' slather his punkass with pork drippin's an' lock'm in the shed with them dearly departed killer K9's.

Another story got my dander up is this one from outta New Westminster, BC: Father found guilty of murder in stabbing death of 17-year-old daughter. Lord thunderin' Jeezuz! The dumbass daddy went an' killed his own little girl jest so's she wouldn't shack up with her boyfriend. When they made up that sayin' 'bout tossin' out the baby with the bathwater, I reckon nobuddy thought a dumbass like this would really do sumpin' like it.

So, now I'm lookin' back at this here boog post an' I see it ain't got any one single outrage. There's jest too damn many outrageous things happenin' this week fer me t' pin it down. Mebbe next week'll be better an' only one thing'll piss me off. I ain't holdin' my breath.

Yores trooly,
JimBobby

9 comments:

alsocanadian said...

Well Jimbob, I think you are bang on about most of the outrage...well, exept maybe this (IMHO):

"WalMarket is in bed with the torturin' commonist red Chinese an' bullyin' good an' decent Canajun workin' folks."

I don't know much about the Chinese part, but if you check out this article:

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/EdmontonSun/News/2005/03/05/951124-sun.html

you can see it goes both ways. Unioning is a rough business, and the bullyin' goes both ways. (kinda like old Dithers!)

JimBobby said...

Whooee! Thankee fer chimin' in, AlFeller. I surely don't figger everybuddy's gonna go along with everythin' I say. It'd be a helluva good thing if they did but me bein' King o' Canadee'd be a helluva good thing, too - at least fer me. Don't worry, though. I'd make sure you'd be a knight o' my realm.

I don't wantcha t' take me fer sum love-the-union feller. I reckon they got corrupt union bosses jest like they got corrupt bizness bosses an' corrupt polyticians. An' that article 'bout that union feller flyin' off the handle is good readin' an' I don't like what he done, no two ways.

My beef with Sam Walton is the way he buys every damn thing he sells from the commonist red Chinese an' purty well everyone agrees they's the worst o' the worst when it comes t' torture an' human rights. I reckon they'd like it jest dandy if they could get Canajuns t' work fer the same money the Chinese are gettin'. That's $3 Merkin per day or less.

When you gotta a big Merkin outfit like WalMarket who buys everythin' they sell from China doin' bullyin' like this, I reckon Canajuns should be takin' the side o' Canajuns instead o' linin' up along side the world's biggest retailer. Mebbe you ken buy stuff like nappies an' whatall cheaper in WalMarket than anyplace else but that's only cause they got 'bout zero respect fer their own workers an' they get all o' their supplies from the torturin' slavemasters in China.

Mebbe we'll agree t' disagree on this an' I'm happy as Larry that yer agreein' with most o' my growsin'. I jest gotta burr up my ass 'bout WalMarket an' it's more 'bout them dealin' so cosy with China than it is 'bout their union troublems.

Yores trooly,
JimBobby

Anonymous said...

If we didn't all insist on buying cheap crap...Wal Market wouldn't have the power it does. I agree with Jimbob that we should support Canadians in this fight. This corporations' revenues are more than the total economy of several of the poorest countries combined. They can afford to extend working condidtions acceptable by Canadian standards and should have to do so to operate here. Canadians can speak with their wallets - don't shop Wal Market until they stop pushing us around and bankrupting small business. What a rant...sorry.

alsocanadian said...

I'd vote for you king anyday.

You do have a good point about Wally mart. After all Loblaws, Canadian Tire, The Bay, etc doesn't have websites like this:
http://www.walmart-blows.com/

Darcey said...

Its the law of the jungle. Walmart is China's 5th largest trading partner and they are going to survive. They are the number one employer in the US and have been rated one of the top employers to work for in Canada. Could be all crap but the point is that they are strong and maintain that strength. I personanly dislike shopping at Walmart, but in my small NorCal town, they are it for shopping. They came in and everything else shut down. In business they have a winning strategy. As for the old lady beater and the murderer, I have a special boot for people like that.

Anonymous said...

I don't advocate bringing about the demise of WalMart. First, I'm sure it's close to impossible (as darcey said) and second I wouldn't want to see all those who depend on their jobs at WalMart out of work. But I do think that Canadians can and should demand better treatment of workers here. The aggressive tactics taken to "bust the unions" demonstrate a disquieting strategy to avoid accountability to workers. Not that unions are perfect...I know they can be a problem too, but I do think that they may be needed in this case to protect workers from this "giant". Clearly the workers feel they need protection. That darcey has no where but Wal Mart to shop only underscores the need for some balance in the WalMart/Canada relationship.

Psychols said...

If there was a WalMart boycott, I would join it. It would not be a big deal for WalMart though. I stopped shopping there long ago.

JimBobby said...

Whooee! With me callin' out all them outrages, Ifiggered I hit a nerve an' Walmarket is sumpin' most everybuddy's got'n opinion on. Darceyfeller, I feel fer you on accounta the Walmarket bein' the only game in town. When there's only one game it's bad news bears fer the folks - like if there's only one church or only one polytickal party or you can only buy Fords an' there ain't such a thing as a Chevy.

Yer on the money 'bout it bein' a winnin' strategy an' this union-bustin' or union-startin's got nuthin' t' do with whether Walmarket wins - jest by how much they win.

Cycles is in a big place that bein' Calgary. Fer him, shoppin' at sum other stores is possible. Fer fellers an' gals in the little towns, Walmarket moves in an' nobuddy else can stay alive an' before you know it, they's the only place you can buy anythin', even if you don't wanna.

PrincessGal, yer right that there's no way a few people in a few little towns an' cities in Canadee can bring a bigass outfit like Walmarket t' their knees. We got us sum laws an' zonin' rules an' the unions mebbe can help, too. If we jest sit back an' let'm become the onliest place you can shop in the whole o' Canadee, then they end up like every other monopoly an' they can cut down the choice o' junk they sell an' raise up the prices t' whatever they damn well please.

Back a few hunnert years ago, the RC Pope an' his bunch was the only game in town, leastwise in Yerp. When ol' Martin Luther started reformin' an' they got sum other Christian churches on the go, that din't spell they end o' the RC's but it did make'm think twice before they tried abusin' all that power they'd got.

Right now, we got the Walmarket out on a crusade t' take over the whole ding-dong world economy an' they're doin' a bang-up job so far. Like I sed right off, my biggest beef is the way everythin' they sell comes from the worst o' worst torturin' commies that bein' the Chinese.

Here's a piece from the National Review on forced labour in China.

Here's a paper from Hamline University talkin' 'bout slavery in China.

China's a most favourite tradin' buddy o' the USofA an' Candee's no better with Fartin' Martin goin' over there a coupla months ago kissin' their commie asses. Walmarket's one o' their biggest buyers an' when good folks get a deal on nappies, it's only on accounta sum pore bastards being forced inta labour camps in red commie China.

Yores trooly,
JimBobby

Psychols said...

I've heard rumours that Wal-Mart has moved into small US towns, forced the local shops out of business, then closed. The local townsfolk have to drive to a mega Wal-Mart in another town to buy Chinese junk.

Has anyone seen the Wal-Mart advertising where they claim to revive the economy of small towns by bringing in business. They only mention the towns where they put the Mega Wal-Mart’s and forget to tell us about the dozen little surrounding towns that no longer have any shops at all.

JimBobby got it right. I live in Calgary with many alternatives. I'm not stuck with just crappy old WallyMart ... yet.